Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 58 - Motivation

I was asked recently "What makes you so motivated?" - I had to stop and think about this one, it's always been easy for me, if anything, what i struggle most with is moderation....

It's also a loaded question and you can't help touching into the philosophical side of life when answering... so switch off now if it sounds too much

Some back ground first, What I've learned most of all is mind and body; they are joined, they are also separate and conflicted with each other. I try and not let my body dictate my mind, and my mind my body - I think the only way to find true is to do it and see the results.

Everything is an opportunity, In PCP, it's very physically and Mental - I get up every morning because i like to look after myself and i love the challenges it brings to me. The physical challenges, every exercise, easy, make it hard, hard, make it easier, changing my body to be balanced,  and as i mentioned, the mental challenge of getting up and actually doing it and doing it the best that i can do it, keeping the perspective of my goals - This is how i see it every day....    This keeps me stimulated, interested and motivated....

                        - And I’d be lying if I didn't say that I also want a great physique ... but i've learned that this is and should be a second priority, my wellness and body balance is the key and the goal... - harder then it sounds i think..

If you can find your true motivation, you can apply this to PCP and all aspects of your life and you will do well – for PCP and afterwards. However if your looking for complacency in what you do or some sort of peace of mind/body - then perhaps your expectations will let you down and things will always be tougher for you... – so if you haven’t already, have a think about what your goals are and what truly motivates you...

I like the mantra Patrick mentioned, it rang true for me "Pain is temporary, pride is forever" - but more so on the pride front, being true to yourself, as you have to look in the mirror every morning and live in your head - What do you see? And I suppose more pertinent to this opportunity for personal development, what do you want to see and think? - Motivation can come in many forms, What's yours ?

I was concerned about writing this as it's my inner thoughts, and the way i look at things. We are all different - but I was asked and many people have commented on my motivation - so this is what it is for me...

Oh, and last thought for you, well, it's a mantra for me, no matter what ... Simplify!
                        You are often the one that makes things complicated...

....

4 comments:

  1. Food for thought dude. My motivation is a six-pack - keeping it simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post...you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of creative friction. That gives me a spark of motivation. Then getting it into a fire that keeps burning.

    My issue is not starting, but finishing. I think that's why PCP is great for me.

    Your post is really insightful and I love the idea of a bit of dissonance. Humans are animals with self awareness - the creative friction thing again.

    Gambare!

    ReplyDelete