Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 72 - Muscle Men....

72 days down, 18 days left, 2 weeks and 6 days..... 3 week ends of PCP to go -

I just noticed, I've not been sick in 72 days, and given the beating I've been giving my body, it has surprisingly bounced back....

Brings me onto another thing I've been thinking or noticing .... how this experience makes you much more aware of your body, coming back to my struggle of moderation and the ever fighting battle of expectations and results - that all of us face...

See, and only in retrospect, I can see that before I started this, it's been an up hill battle all along,(and I'm not saying now doesn't feel like a huge challenge) not very balanced workouts, trying to push big weights and nutrition was fairly average - No wonder the results i wanted never came - and I payed by pushing hard with unrealistic expectations, fighting the wrong battle, i got stuck in a cycle and my body was crying for me to change my ways - I just never got where i wanted to be and i felt out of whack. This is compared now to the consistent, balanced, work outs and fantastic nutrition - Results have come in fast and body feels well balanced.

I think this understanding and awareness can set you up for life and it's a recipe for success...

Interesting chat on email today with Robbie and Patrick, he bought up something interesting about not pushing as much at the gym, i too notice the same thing, but my logic and experience is somewhat different to Robbies. I logic is that just because i can't push the same big weights, this is not to say that i am weaker, In fact, I am stronger. The muscles i have are not only bigger, they look good, consistent, they are balanced, they have more strength, they push for longer and harder, they are efficient -  I can lift and push my own body weight in nearly any direction, and not just for 1 rep ! .... Big weights are unnecessary in life, however endurance, stamina and balance in your body and muscles is necessary for a healthy and long lasting body....

You don't need to push big weights, and i don't plan on going back to it - the results speak for themselves...

Oh, i went to the cinemas the other night, checked out Thor... One word, Ridiculous !

3 comments:

  1. This is the key concept. If you spend lots of time lifting a weight up and down your body will become attuned to that action and you'll gain a lot of size. Unfortunately not much in real life has you doing anything remotely like that, so you are functionally very weak.

    http://pcpupdate.blogspot.com/2009/08/dumb-muscles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Ricky. I'd like to get to the point of being able to push my own body weight in any direction!

    One of the things that inspires me about capoeira is the coupling of grace and strength to do the amazing moves and acrobatics in an intelligent way. You need to respond to the music, the dynamic of the roda, the conversation, i.e., the moves, of your partner. It is a joyful, vibrant art form, unlike pushing weights in a gym.

    Regarding Thor, I wouldn't kick him out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, HA HA HA HA!!!!

    Ricky, how insightful. You have come so far, your pic's show the whole story. Amazing we have 18 days to go. I still can not push my own body weight, but I look forward to being able to soon and I wont be looking for that at the gym!

    ReplyDelete