Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 73: empowered

Woke @ 5:40 this morning, opened the curtains, and saw this, and I thought, Hell yeah I am !!



Pull Ups are coming along, not as fast or as many as I’d like to, 6 sets usually look like this, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4.5  – and throw in another 4 or so afterwards to keep the back guessing - I’m pretty shattered after that… I like the pro tip for the kung fu’s, twist to the side on each raise, nice and slow… I like doing side, middle, side…  ( i use the word "like" very loosely, it's one of those love/hate relationships )

Oh, ok, here's one, exercising this morning, faithless, god is a DJ, came on, and watching the old ladies do some sort of movement, tai che type exercises - I thought i was watching a trippy music video.... I did stop and stare and enjoy it for a little while - suppose you had to be there ...

I read on someones blog of them doing 100+ on a particular exercise, as it was meant to go to failure. I'd imagine their work outs are taking a little over 60mins !!!

After reading some things on blogs and through a recent experience of mine, the word and feeling of empowerment continued to creep in my mind…. I’m sure this means something to everyone participating in their own PCP, as they have made this choice, they have chosen to empower themselves to make a change, and not a small one either.

Often we make excuses, blame others or things in our life, we disempower ourselves and then we turn into victims, as we are always blaming and waiting for something or someone else to make us happy or to make a change for us….  People can blame their careers, relationships, people, magazines, current affairs for not taking control of themselves – It’s up to you how you want things to be …

The more you empower someone else for you, the more you disempower yourself….

I don’t know about you, but I say Yes! to me… oh, and i also say yes to a 6-pack ! :-)

– 17 days left to take it where you want it to go !!!

6 comments:

  1. Ramped up post Ricky! This kind of thing makes me excited about tonight's workout. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to rock and roll! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post man! We all make our own destiny. I want to be ripped when I get there....

    ReplyDelete