Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 65: Life Changes....

Wow, I'm not sure about you guys, but i found Patricks email this morning pretty funny "takin your last set of the exercises to failure. The sheet may say 12-15 reps, but on your last set, keep going to muscle failure"

ok, so how many of you can actually do all 6 sets of 10 push ups, keeping to the 20sec rule between sets and then keep going on the last ! Perhaps it's just my weak a$$, but i'm just trying to get all the maximum required numbers out with good form...  - Suppose it comes back to mind over matter, do 2 more, then do another 2 !!!!

Life Changes, like most folks, you get times where you are extremely busy personally or have life jumping around and you're left wondering, what happened ??? This has been me in the last couple of weeks ! now, don't get too worried, exercises are definitely being done and eating is on track, but just as critical and not just for me, but for the team is the blogging.... I find you start to feel slightly removed from it all, which is what you don't want - I'm not one for excuses, so i'll leave it at that and get my butt into action...

On the exercises, I really like these big numbered super sets we have now, the muscle feels stronger and more consistent, especially when compared to the old school gym work outs where you get a huge pump at the end and then the muscles soon deflate....

Alright revellers.... let's rock it

5 comments:

  1. SO glad you said this - yes, I am enjoying the longer sets but it does underline how my form was kind of poor anyway towards the end!

    Good to see your blog Revelling Ricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god!! I feel so much better about not being able to get through all the sets. Great to see you back on the blog Ricky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha if you are a weak a$$ I am a sloth! Or a plant. Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVERY time I am mid set I am baffled by those who can do them all and asking myself how behind am I? Glad to know everyone is struggling right along side me. Yesterday I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We expect your failure number to be pretty much near the actual rep number, the failure option just gives us a margin of error so we're sure everyone's getting some good burns.

    ReplyDelete