Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 4 - Another day in paradise....

AM training was a hit down with the HK oldies, once again... For just 30mins, Shirley and I owned the astro turf, the oldies were afraid of being whacked by our swinging ropes! and not to mention me attempting to double jump the rope was indeed a catastrophe waiting to happen....

Push ups are good and deep and little quirky ways you can make them more challenging, one foot up, swapping feet during pushes - think it helps keep you focused on having your core switched on and not getting too comfortable with the movement...

Squats and lunges are good and surprising with out any weight, but i find that you really need to focus on technique, right angle (90 degrees) on the front, big backward stretch on the back leg with the knee a cm off the ground.... It helps maximise the exercise and feel like you're working it...

Legs raises are good, however i find i need to stick my hands right under my lower back, even just at the top of my butt to support my lower back - helps a lot...

Oh, PCP in action, Shirley, not usually the most regular of exercisers, occasional yoga, does her morning exercises yesterday, couldn't do the skipping as she didn't have her rope, get's home late last night and says, "i didn't do my jumps today, I need to do them, i'm going to head out now" I was completely in shock –Shows what a little bit of peer encouragement and peer pressure can do for someone - It's only the first week, but it's a great start! Keep it up Shirley...

Over and Out...

T - 86 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment