Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 32 - Check your totem....

I read today’s routine to Shirley last night, and I was quietly excited… Sad I know… WOW, what a intense and powerful session, I mean, everything burned, everything was solid and everything felt good….  Set’s 3 & 4 of the pull ups I had to have a break at #6, but got through the 4 sets, then straight into the rowing, wow again, I could feel my back muscles working and contracting….  Lunges and floor jumps, I don’t think I need to comment on those, I’m sure we are all feeling the same way…. Shirley assumed the fetal position and asked for the pain to go away !!!



Interesting reading others blogs and some folks are talking about things being easy or really hard… I'm sure like everyone else, I can sometimes find myself gliding through or thinking, that’s not too bad, but every time I feel this I stop, check my self and what I’m actually doing and meant to be doing, where I should be feeling it(i.e. what muscle should be working) and then I can generally work out what i'm doing wrong – more times then not, it gets harder after doing this and then I remember why i was probably gliding in the first place ! So basically what I’m saying to myself is, check your totem once and a while…  Make sure you are in the here and now with what you are doing and feeling, oh, and not think about the next 100 sit ups you have to do ;-)

Egg Whites are getting slightly easier to eat, perhaps I’m just building up a tolerance to the sulphur, but it’s tough, every bite releases that stench…   I get it, feeding the muscles & taking my medicine ….

Yay for Friday and the Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This is the key tipping point in your approach to training. Once you realize that anytime you're NOT getting a burn you're wasting your time, you have become the master of your training and not the victim of it. Sounds like you're getting glimpses of this truth, when you understand it deep in your bones you will have become a true PCPer!

    Gotta get the bottom line of your pecs in gear man... how wide are you placing your chairs apart for chest dips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points here. I realized I was not doing the standing ovations correctly when we first started. I actually liked seeing them because I was like yay a break! HA HA now I loathe them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya Ricky - it's gottta burn to work - as you amply demontrated when adjusting my ovations in the park the other day. Like Kristi found, they now hurt like hell, but deeply more satisfying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs, very motivating. Definitely feeling the burn in my legs. Think I like the idea of doing extra's. Maybe I'll follow suite, and kick it up a notch.

    ReplyDelete